Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I set up a contacts list in ipad that cannot be accessed by apps such as viber or facebook?

can I set up a contacts list in ipad that cannot be accessed by apps such as viber or facebook?

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 3:43 PM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2020 7:19 PM in response to QuickPost

Thanks Quickpost, that was helpful.

I did write a reply to you, but I’m not sure that it was sent, as it disappeared after I pressed ‘helpful’! I’ll get used to this soon I hope!

I am yet to load Viber or Facebook, as I do not wish to give either access to all of my contacts.

I will contact Viber first (who I realise are now owned or in some way linked to Facebook), as that is the App that I am more interested in right now, as many of my relatives already use it, and thanks again for suggesting it.

What I am interested in p, ideally, is being able to set up contact list silos, independent of each other as far as external apps are concerned, and with different access permission rights, for example for family, for friends, and for business contacts. Apple would of course remain aware of all of them as contacts, but I would be able to nominate one grouping as my contacts for Viber, and a completely different set of contacts for another app such as say Skype, without them being able to simply grab all of my contacts.

Episcopalian

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.