Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail, Version 12.4 (3445.104.11) - "Preview" window has disappeared?

In the "Classic" view of Mail, the emails are listed one per line across the top of the screen, and when you click on one, that email text shows up in the window on the bottom half of the screen. You can drag the border between the list and the "Preview" window up and down to change their percentage coverage of the whole screen.

Well, my Preview window has disappeared, I only have the list at the top, and NO viewing window below! How do I get my window back? I've tried toggling the "Classic" selection on and off, and I've restarted Mail, nothing! Can't find any direction in any "Help" sections ...

Any help would be most appreciated!

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 6:17 PM

There may be a dot at the bottom of the window, or not. You need to drag that dot (or the bottom of the window) up. Keep dragging as it takes a while to appear.

When at the bottom of the window, the cursor should look like a horizontal bar with arrow up. When you see that, click and drag.

2 replies

Apple Mail, Version 12.4 (3445.104.11) - "Preview" window has disappeared?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.