Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Viruses!

i was in safari and a notification pops up in the middle of my screen from SETTINGS (so I thought it was for real) it says I have 27 viruses in my phone! I started freaking out and downloading apps to scan my phone and two said I was clear and one said I had 27 viruses. I honestly have no idea what to think or do! My phone has no symptoms of a virus but maybe it’s new? I know nothing about them, and don’t know what to do. Do you think it was a scam? It seemed pretty real but who knows.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 1:12 AM

Yes total scam. It’s a drive by attempt to attack you for Money.

That said there are just few steps you should do because it could have injected a rogue calendar whilst also screwing up your cookies

Use the App switcher to fully close Safari

Go into Settings , Safari and Clear all History and Website Data.

Open Calendars app and tap calendars menu at the bottom of the screen - if any rogue or unknown calendars seen delete them straight away.

Go to Settings General and scroll all the way to the bottom of the list -Tap Shut Down.

Wait a few minutes and reboot your device !

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2020 1:12 AM in response to kmaloney765

Yes total scam. It’s a drive by attempt to attack you for Money.

That said there are just few steps you should do because it could have injected a rogue calendar whilst also screwing up your cookies

Use the App switcher to fully close Safari

Go into Settings , Safari and Clear all History and Website Data.

Open Calendars app and tap calendars menu at the bottom of the screen - if any rogue or unknown calendars seen delete them straight away.

Go to Settings General and scroll all the way to the bottom of the list -Tap Shut Down.

Wait a few minutes and reboot your device !

Help! Viruses!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.