Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendars turning off when I close the app

When I open the calendar app the calendars I had on have been turned off, I tap "calendars" select them, tap "done" and go back to view the calendar.

My calendar is now at 30 Oct 2019, but the calendars I selected now show, tap "today" and its all as wanted.

I close the app, open the app and 4 of the calendars I had turned on are now off.

It's always the same ones that go off.

Any thoughts?

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 3:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 4:11 PM

G'day,

Thanks for your help, did all of the above with no result, then an update came through which according to the notes should have had no effect on the calendar, but now the calendars stay as set?

Probably the effect of the update process, restarting etc, but now its all good.

Thanks for your time to answer, much appreciated.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2020 4:11 PM in response to Teddy_B

G'day,

Thanks for your help, did all of the above with no result, then an update came through which according to the notes should have had no effect on the calendar, but now the calendars stay as set?

Probably the effect of the update process, restarting etc, but now its all good.

Thanks for your time to answer, much appreciated.

Apr 1, 2020 9:03 AM in response to 470179

Hello, 470179.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read is that your Calendars are not staying turned on when you reopen the Calendars app. I'd like to help. First, if you haven't done so already, restart your iPhone. Sometimes a restart can help resolve issues. Are you force closing the app? How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch If so this may be the reason the settings aren't saved. I would also suggest going to Settings > Passwords & Accounts, select the emails your Calendar is using, turning them off and on again to sync.

Keep me updated.

Cheers!

Calendars turning off when I close the app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.