Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom cloud meetings app for macbook, cannot find it on app store

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 8:43 AM

Hi Kdane,

We wouldn't be able to speculate as to why Zoom isn't available to download directly through the App Store on your Mac. I definitely understand wanting to keep your data and personal information as safe as possible. Gatekeeper on your Mac can help ensure that apps not downloaded directly through the App Store are from identified developers, and that the software is notarized to help prevent downloading apps that contain known malware:

Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Beyond that, I'd suggest taking a look how Zoom specifically protects your data, to help decide if it's an app you feel comfortable downloading outside of the App Store:

Security - Zoom

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2020 8:43 AM in response to Kdane

Hi Kdane,

We wouldn't be able to speculate as to why Zoom isn't available to download directly through the App Store on your Mac. I definitely understand wanting to keep your data and personal information as safe as possible. Gatekeeper on your Mac can help ensure that apps not downloaded directly through the App Store are from identified developers, and that the software is notarized to help prevent downloading apps that contain known malware:

Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Beyond that, I'd suggest taking a look how Zoom specifically protects your data, to help decide if it's an app you feel comfortable downloading outside of the App Store:

Security - Zoom

Take care.

Apr 1, 2020 9:25 AM in response to Kdane

Hello Kdane,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're wanting to install Zoom on your Mac, however you're unable to find it in the App Store. I know how important it is that you're able to keep in touch with others, and you've come to the right place for help.

The Zoom app can be downloaded directly from the Zoom Download Center by following the steps here:

How To Install on Mac – Zoom Help Center

Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.