Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshot

I have a iPhone XR. The screenshot using volume + and right button does not work. It gets me to the power off screen. The same thing happens when I use power- and the right side button. Tried to reboot and it doesn’t help.

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 3:14 PM

ClaudiaBey wrote: "Is there anything that I should pay special attention to?"

I don't know – I had the same trouble years ago and, in frustration, switched to AssistiveTouch. Since then I do a long tap on its virtual button, and a menu appears amongst which is Screenshot. The menu is easily configurable in Settings and you may find AssistiveTouch to be far more than a mere workaround.

õ¿õ¬

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2020 3:14 PM in response to ClaudiaBey

ClaudiaBey wrote: "Is there anything that I should pay special attention to?"

I don't know – I had the same trouble years ago and, in frustration, switched to AssistiveTouch. Since then I do a long tap on its virtual button, and a menu appears amongst which is Screenshot. The menu is easily configurable in Settings and you may find AssistiveTouch to be far more than a mere workaround.

õ¿õ¬

Apr 7, 2020 3:42 AM in response to ClaudiaBey

ClaudiaBey wrote: "Hi, I actually tried the assistive touch and it is easy to set up and works very well. thanks for the tip!"

Hi ~ Good to hear and you're welcome! If you ever want to reduce the size of your screenshots, it's easy to automate the process via a custom shortcut created in Apple's Shortcuts app. Someone created the one below which, once installed, can be modified however you want (which is a good way to learn)...

Share as small JPG

...Also shortcuts can:

Speak sentences

õ¿õ¬

Mar 30, 2020 2:52 PM in response to Alancito

Thanks for your reply. I think I was following the instructions exactly. Is there anything that I should pay special attention to? Right now, regardless of whether I use the volume + or - in combination with the right side button (pressed at the same time) , I get to the power off screen.

The assistive technology seems to be a work around. I will have to look into that.

Screenshot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.