Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X - MacOS Catalina

Lately I having issues about my mac crashing randomly and keep on getting GPU Panic issues and 3rd Party Kernel issue.

I was able to figure out what causing those and I found out that it was because of Native Instruments Kontakt 6 Player.

Checked their support page and was lucky enough to see a fix on their app.

Now, I have to update my mac from Mojave to Catalina since most of my apps are now catalina compatible.

I am planning to buy Logic Pro X and I want to know/make sure that this app is bug free on OSX Catalina.

Thanks in advance.

Mikel

MacBook Pro 15", 10.14

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 4:24 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 31, 2020 4:56 AM in response to mikelobliviate

No, Logic 10.4.8 is not stable on Catalina. It's probably the most unstable I've ever seen it. Why do you need to update to Catalina? 10.4.8 runs on Mojave. You're actually better off running 10.4.4 on Mojave (although I run it on High Sierra). A few of us have found that the most stable version. This all depends on how you use Logic as there are many ways to use it.

For example, I never use the loops etc. They are perfectly fine loops but I never use them so any bugs in that area I would never experience.

Mar 31, 2020 4:57 AM in response to mikelobliviate

Firstly no app and particularly a complex program like Logic is without some issues. Whether those disturb your workflow is difficult to judge. Many are using Logic Pro with Catalina without major issues, some are reporting strange sync behaviour when dragging audio files in. I am on Mojave and that’s where I’m staying for now. Either way, Apple will improve the biggest problems given lots of reporting. I think you have to make the call.

the most important thing is make sure all your drivers and plugins are Catalina ready - as you’ve seen with kontact.

Mar 31, 2020 5:18 AM in response to Iaamusic

what you said makes sense. theres no perfect app/software but there are apps that runs perfectly with MacOS.

i just need to know if Logic Pro X is stable enough to run on Catalina.

it is given that it is compatible with Mojave too. But i have a kontakt instrument that asks to me to fully update to catalina for it to perfectly work.

so i am deciding not to use the app and look for an alternative or update to Catalina

i only mix, master and write with 1 midi instrument. I dont need a massive loop library.

thats why i am asking if Logic is worth it.

thanks

Logic Pro X - MacOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.