Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log into Facebook from Safari or Chrome

Hello! I have tried this several times with no luck. All other sites are loading just fine. I just reinstalled the operating system on my desktop so I'm working with a clean slate. Any thoughts?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 12:23 PM

Then you probably have a DNS cache problem. In Safari select Preferences->Advanced and click ‘Show Develop menu in menu bar'. You should now see Develop in the top menu of Safari. Click on Develop, then about halfway down you will see Empty Caches. Click that and then quit Safari. Relaunch Safari and see if you can now get to Facebook’s website.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2020 12:23 PM in response to MeBeRob

Then you probably have a DNS cache problem. In Safari select Preferences->Advanced and click ‘Show Develop menu in menu bar'. You should now see Develop in the top menu of Safari. Click on Develop, then about halfway down you will see Empty Caches. Click that and then quit Safari. Relaunch Safari and see if you can now get to Facebook’s website.

Can't log into Facebook from Safari or Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.