Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing Icloud

Currently each of my family members has the 50GB (.99) icloud storage for each of their phones. We family share apps, music etc, just not storage. If I upgrade to the 2TB on my phone and then family share, do I still continue to pay the .99 cents on each of their phones for the 50GB storage?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 10:38 AM

No. See the following from Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud storage plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2020 10:38 AM in response to Phs2200

No. See the following from Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud storage plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

Sharing Icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.