Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to email from photos

Hi there,

When I click "share" in Photos on Mac Os Catalina, "mail" and "message" no longer appear. I have a gmail address.

If I check the "extensions" setting, "Mail" and "Messages" are both ticked but are shadowed out.

Any ideas how to return these options?

Mac Pro

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 2:06 AM

but is Mail set in the Mail Preferences as your primary Mail reader? This needs to be enabled. Try to share only one Photo. Mail will not appear in the Share menu, if too many photos have been selected at once.

12 replies

Apr 1, 2020 1:32 AM in response to Kvothe2

You have not yet set up a mail account with your web gmail account https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mail/mail35803/mac

And messages also https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT208532

You must have a gmail address and password same as Apple ID and password that is signed in system preferences .

And check the box of mail , messages in system preferences > iCloud .

Always post the version of Mac .

Apr 1, 2020 5:49 AM in response to Kvothe2

In the screen shot the box of enable this account is unchecked ( shown with black arrow ) , if I uncheck the box for gmail account or iCloud account , it doesn't effect the share options , the messages , notes will be seen completely .

But to share photos from these application , the box of enable this account must get checked .

Unable to email from photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.