Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete info off of old iPad!

Can I delete everything off of my old iPad without deleting everything off my new iPad?

Everything has been switched to my new iPad.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 4:13 PM

Yes, but you need to follow these steps: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Do not manually delete anything off of the old iPad if its still logged in to your iCloud account. iCloud will sync changes and remove anything you delete from any other device that is signed in to the same iCloud account.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2020 4:13 PM in response to roma1273

Yes, but you need to follow these steps: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Do not manually delete anything off of the old iPad if its still logged in to your iCloud account. iCloud will sync changes and remove anything you delete from any other device that is signed in to the same iCloud account.

May 8, 2020 1:34 PM in response to MelvillePJC

MelvillePJC wrote:

I have a new iPad and have transferred all of my info to it. I now wAnt to give my old iPad to my sister but need to delete my personal info without deleting it from my new iPad. Everything is backed up on iCloud

Follow the steps in the link provided in the thread you replied to, to wipe the iPad clean without affecting the other devices.

Delete info off of old iPad!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.