Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie error message

I keep getting this message when I try to share my finished movie:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.Compressor.CompressorKit.ErrorDomain error -1.)

I've tried all of the share options. Nothing works.

The movie lasts 1 hour. Yes, it is heavy. But this seems like a hard drive error because the error message pops up before the movie can even start exporting. I am incredibly frustrated at not being able to even save it to my hard rive.

What do I do?

Thanks for your help.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 5:25 PM

Try upgrading or doing a fresh install of your OS, plus an updating of your iMovie app. That worked for one recent poster, who upgraded to Mojave and the updated to iMovie 10.1.14. Try just updating iMovie first.

— Rich

4 replies

Mar 31, 2020 5:35 PM in response to Audreymac22

The Compressor Kit Error message has been reported with increasing frequency

of late. No universal fix so far. The fix that has worked the most has been

starting up in Safe Mode (see Finder menu for instructions) and then after

everything loads immediately shutting down and rebooting in normal mode.

Here's a link, though older, that pretty much describes where we are today

with the Compressor Kit Error:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8265338

There may be some proposed solutions in the above link that will work for

you.

All else failing, try calling Apple Support. The techs there are very savvy and also have the capability of remotely accessing your computer. Click on the Contact Support item in the upper right hand corner of this screen and navigate to a box that will ask for your telephone number so that Apple Support can call you back. I think that the file path is Contact Support/Mac OS/Applications/iMovie, or somthing like that.

Good luck with this. If you have time, post back with your results, as it may assist others who have this perplexing issue.

-- Rich

iMovie error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.