Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find out which apps have legacy system extensions?

I got a message after an update on my MacBook that there are apps that have the legacy system extensions that will not be able to work after a subsequent update. I do not know how to find out which apps they are. Can anyone tell me how I can find out?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 4:21 PM

cacotton wrote:

I got a message after an update on my MacBook that there are apps that have the legacy system extensions that will not be able to work after a subsequent update. I do not know how to find out which apps they are. Can anyone tell me how I can find out?

Did you see the Relocated folder on your Desktop when you upgraded(?) here you may see what you are looking for.

Otherwise from the Finder>Go>Go To Folder, copy and paste:

/Users/Shared

see the Relocated folder an its contents for a possible clue.

If you see a Relocated Items folder after upgrading macOS on ..

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2020 4:21 PM in response to cacotton

cacotton wrote:

Did you see the Relocated folder on your Desktop when you upgraded(?) here you may see what you are looking for.

Otherwise from the Finder>Go>Go To Folder, copy and paste:

/Users/Shared

see the Relocated folder an its contents for a possible clue.

If you see a Relocated Items folder after upgrading macOS on ..

Mar 31, 2020 4:29 PM in response to cacotton

All of these will be listed in EtreCheck. Download EtreCheck from https://www.etrecheck.com and run it. Create a new reply and use the "Notes" tool below to add your EtreCheck report. Using the link above, you can download EtreCheck from the Mac App Store or download EtreCheckPro directly.

Disclaimer: EtreCheck is my own app. EtreCheck is free to use but has in-app purchases available. Downloading EtreCheck or using it could give me some form of compensation, financial or otherwise.

How do I find out which apps have legacy system extensions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.