Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crazy FCPX Background TasksBehavior

The background tasks window of my FCPX (v10.4.8) has been acting weird in that it shows that something is rapidly being rendered when in actuality there isn't. It will continue continue to do this for hours on end regardless of project size and only when the computer is on and FCPX is the active window. The only way I have been able to get it to stop is by opening QuickTime | File | New Screen Recording and drawing a box around the Background Task window. But this only lasts about 30 minutes, after which it starts the whole cycle again. I've tried closing FCPX and rebooting my iMac, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. What's going on here? Is my FCPX kaputt?

Check out the video here:

https://youtu.be/qXqDbv1uykY

Thanks,

Chris

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 5:09 PM

Looks like it’s rendering individual files. Is background rendering switched on? Do you need the application to continuously render your material for playback?

PS I hate YouTube playback. It’s such BS. The screen dims when you pause. What’s that about? What moron thought that was a good idea?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2020 5:09 PM in response to OMMBoy

Looks like it’s rendering individual files. Is background rendering switched on? Do you need the application to continuously render your material for playback?

PS I hate YouTube playback. It’s such BS. The screen dims when you pause. What’s that about? What moron thought that was a good idea?

Crazy FCPX Background TasksBehavior

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.