Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Map on Workout Activity Summary

Hi, I recently had to reset my iPhone 11 Max then shortly after I update to latest os for iPhone & Series 4 Applewatch.

Issue is I can’t get the map to appear in my Workout Activity Summary anymore.

I have checked my location services etc are on but it’s still not working.

Is it an os bug or has something changed in the reset?

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 1:08 AM

To see the map, you must turn on route tracking. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services,turn location services on then tap Apple Watch Workout, then tap While Using the App.

Then tap on maps then tap While using the app.

Then tap on System Services and turn on motion calibration and distance.

Another place to check is on the watch in settings/privacy/Location Services and make sure this is turned on and scroll down to apple watch workout and select while using the app.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 1:08 AM in response to Travaloid

To see the map, you must turn on route tracking. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services,turn location services on then tap Apple Watch Workout, then tap While Using the App.

Then tap on maps then tap While using the app.

Then tap on System Services and turn on motion calibration and distance.

Another place to check is on the watch in settings/privacy/Location Services and make sure this is turned on and scroll down to apple watch workout and select while using the app.

Apr 22, 2020 5:12 PM in response to Travaloid

I was able to get it to work by unpairing and re-pairing and setting up with the backup made when unpairing (didn't need to set up as new). When re-pairing, it asked if I wanted to turn on "Route Tracking" which I assume is referring to the location permission for the Workout app. After doing that, the permission was set to "While using the app" and showed up on the iPhone too!

Apr 1, 2020 2:45 AM in response to Travaloid

Try this;

To force reset your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for about 10 seconds or until the apple logo appears, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

Apr 1, 2020 2:23 AM in response to Community User

Thank you fiery jack. The Location Services are turned On my iPhone & there is no Apple Watch Workout?

Same location on my Apple Warch & Location Services are also On however my Apple Watch Workout is set to Ask & is greyed over & can’t select While Using App. My sons Series 4 same os is doing the same.

i trend Location Services Off the On now it’s stuck on Loading . . .

No Map on Workout Activity Summary

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.