Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to add new e-mail account but the sign-in screen is not in English

I want to add my email account to my iPhone but when I go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts/Add Account and tap "Google", the next screen is all in a different language:

I can see no way to change this to English. I tried tapping that thing that looks like a compass, thinking it would allow me to change my region, but the page that came up also was all in Thai.

My phone has been set up in English. My app store is in the USA. Surely Apple knows my language preference. Could it be Google forcing this page to open up in Thai?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 11:32 PM

4 replies

Apr 1, 2020 1:34 AM in response to augratin

When you set up GMAIL (Which is what I am assuming your are trying to set up) the username and password for gmail is actually validated on a Google's website. That is the webpage that you are seeing on your iPhone. Your location gets identified that you are in Thailand so Google directs your through their Thailand servers. You may also be using a local SIM which is also the reason.

How about filling out the Username and Password even though the prompts are in Thai? Does that get your account added?

Axel F.

Apr 1, 2020 2:06 AM in response to Axel Foley

I tried to bluff my way through but kept getting a red "!" and error message. I can't read the error message so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I've tried too many times and now I'm locked out? I started the password reset process and will try again later when I get a new password (it's corporate gmail so it's not fully automated; it has to go through a local admin which takes a while).

Trying to add new e-mail account but the sign-in screen is not in English

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.