Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

check my iphone is fake or real

i am using 7 plus but it was hanging i want to check my iphone is real or fake

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 4:50 AM

Enter your serial number on this site and see what the purchase date is shown ➔ Apple Coverage and Purchase Date Verification. This will give you some idea of the original purchase date.

Here is how to Determine if iPhone is New, Refurbished, Replacement, or Personalized

1. Open the “Settings” app on the iPhone
  2. Go to “General” and then go to “About”
  3. Look for “Model” and then read the model identifier next to that text, it will look something like “MN572LL/A”, the first character will let you know if the device is new, refurbished, replacement, or personalized:
  • M – Brand new device, meaning the device was purchased new
  • F – Refurbished device, meaning the device has been through refurbishing process
  • N – Replacement device, meaning the originally bought device was replaced by this model likely due to a service request
  • P – Personalized device with engraving, meaning the device was customized with an engraving on purchase

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 4:50 AM in response to sunnyjangid131

Enter your serial number on this site and see what the purchase date is shown ➔ Apple Coverage and Purchase Date Verification. This will give you some idea of the original purchase date.

Here is how to Determine if iPhone is New, Refurbished, Replacement, or Personalized

1. Open the “Settings” app on the iPhone
  2. Go to “General” and then go to “About”
  3. Look for “Model” and then read the model identifier next to that text, it will look something like “MN572LL/A”, the first character will let you know if the device is new, refurbished, replacement, or personalized:
  • M – Brand new device, meaning the device was purchased new
  • F – Refurbished device, meaning the device has been through refurbishing process
  • N – Replacement device, meaning the originally bought device was replaced by this model likely due to a service request
  • P – Personalized device with engraving, meaning the device was customized with an engraving on purchase

Axel F.

check my iphone is fake or real

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.