Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP 13 Touch - pink screen

I have 14 months old MPR touch bar (mid 2018) that i bought in February 2019, yesterday i got pink and one black vertical stripes.

im reading on the internet that Apple wont repair it under warranty As it is clearly somehow related to #flexgate

Does anybody experience same problems and how did you fix it and what was the costs?

i have scheduled a meeting at Apple store for tomorrow.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 7:52 AM

bor257 wrote:

I have 14 months old MPR touch bar (mid 2018) that i bought in February 2019, yesterday i got pink and one black vertical stripes.

im reading on the internet that Apple wont repair it under warranty As it is clearly somehow related to #flexgate

Does anybody experience same problems and how did you fix it and what was the costs?

You fix it by taking it in— they replace the screen/projector cable if that what it proves to be.

Repair pricing is limited— you can see yourself:

https://support.apple.com/mac/repair/service

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 7:52 AM in response to bor257

bor257 wrote:

You fix it by taking it in— they replace the screen/projector cable if that what it proves to be.

Repair pricing is limited— you can see yourself:

https://support.apple.com/mac/repair/service

Apr 5, 2020 12:15 AM in response to bor257

Same problem to mine. 3 months after warranty period, my 2018 MBP's screen decided to give up. And it becomes a dekstop now. The problem with fixing the screen is that, since this is a design fault, despite fixing it (whether with our own cost), after another year or less than that, you need another replacement. It becomes a yearly replacement part that you need to do. It's like doing a subscription plan with Apple that every year you'll need to replace the screen.

I have written to Apple and made an official complain, they chose to ignore me. I do not have Apple Care. I bought this laptop and expect it to last me at least 5 years without the need to replace a broken screen annually (costing about USD500 from where I live) because of Apple's design failure. I can understand sometime design may fail, but please Apple, admit it and do something. Broaden the screen replacement programme to 2017 and 2018 MBP as well and not limit to 2016 only!!

My old MBP lasted me for good 8 years despite abusing it. But the new MBP is just trash.

So shame on you Apple with the MBP support given (oh wait, there's no support given at all).

MBP 13 Touch - pink screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.