Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two iPhones on one apple account

I purchased an IPhone for my wife a couple of years ago. Now I have purchased a new phone for her so both are now registered to my original account, and both phones synchronise with messages, photos, contacts.

I want to delete the account from the first phone so I can use it separately but am concerned that she will lose all contacts , photos etc if I cancel the account on the original phone.

i imagine I should be able to detach the first phone and set up another account without affecting her account.

any advice appreciated

thanks

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 9:53 AM

If you mean that you want to clear the old phone without affecting either the new phone or the other old phone, see: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

That procedure will not affect data on iCloud or on any other device.

Also note that sharing an Apple ID is not generally recommended.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 9:53 AM in response to leedando

If you mean that you want to clear the old phone without affecting either the new phone or the other old phone, see: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

That procedure will not affect data on iCloud or on any other device.

Also note that sharing an Apple ID is not generally recommended.

Two iPhones on one apple account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.