Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Formatted mac but didnt reinstall OS Catalina

My mac recently was slow in performance; RAM space was full; CPU temperatures rise quickly and so i decided to back up and format it. My version is mac book pro 13 (2015).

I followed a tutorial on formatting my mac. Everything was going according to the tutorial until the part where after formating the Macintosh HD drive I should proceed to reinstall the OS.

After i formated the drive I tried to reinstall OS but the button just would not click... So I pressed the power button to restart...

When the mac is on it directs me to a blue page that saying 'Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.' At this point I cant even do anything. The F8 and ENTER button would not work. I have tried to restarting my max but it keeps directing me to the blue page.

I searched google for other solutions and they say to press CMD + R this time when restarting... And thank God it worked this time but directed to Internet Recovery.

Here's the last error. It was connecting to the internet but suddenly a error came up:

apple.com/support -1005F

I tried restarting again with CMD + R again and this time another error came up:

apple.com/support -2002F

Anyone face the same issue? I need help to solve it asap.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 12:26 PM

You need to do the following. You will need an active Internet connection using Wi-Fi or Ethernet. The latter is preferable.

Internet/Network Recovery of El Capitan or Later on a Clean Disk

If possible back up your files before proceeding.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before the chime, hold down the (Command-Option-R) keys until a globe appears.
  2. The Utility Menu will appear in from 5-20 minutes. Be patient.
  3. Select Disk Utility and click on the Continue button.
  4. When Disk Utility loads select the target drive (out-dented entry w/type and size) from the side list.
  5. Click on the Erase button in Disk Utility's toolbar. A panel will drop down.
  6. Set the partition scheme to GUID.
  7. Set the Format type to APFS (SSDs, only if installing Mojave or Catalina ) or Mac OS Extended, (Journaled.)
  8. Click on the Apply button, then click on the Done button when it activates.
  9. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  10. Select Install OS X and click on the Continue button.

This should install the latest version of macOS. During installation, you may be asked to provide your Apple ID and password for verification.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 12:26 PM in response to elayna_cwc

You need to do the following. You will need an active Internet connection using Wi-Fi or Ethernet. The latter is preferable.

Internet/Network Recovery of El Capitan or Later on a Clean Disk

If possible back up your files before proceeding.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before the chime, hold down the (Command-Option-R) keys until a globe appears.
  2. The Utility Menu will appear in from 5-20 minutes. Be patient.
  3. Select Disk Utility and click on the Continue button.
  4. When Disk Utility loads select the target drive (out-dented entry w/type and size) from the side list.
  5. Click on the Erase button in Disk Utility's toolbar. A panel will drop down.
  6. Set the partition scheme to GUID.
  7. Set the Format type to APFS (SSDs, only if installing Mojave or Catalina ) or Mac OS Extended, (Journaled.)
  8. Click on the Apply button, then click on the Done button when it activates.
  9. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  10. Select Install OS X and click on the Continue button.

This should install the latest version of macOS. During installation, you may be asked to provide your Apple ID and password for verification.

Formatted mac but didnt reinstall OS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.