Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage for Dell?

Can you access iMessages from a dell pc or laptop?

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 1:52 PM

And once again, people don't read news... Dell released the updated version of Dell Mobile Connect recently, so now you can access iMessages on Dell laptops through iPad or iPhone. Better google this for more info I guess, as I don't remember supported models.

Also, here's the Dell guide: https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln307657/how-to-configure-dell-mobile-connect-for-ios-phones?lang=en

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 1:52 PM in response to czuni6

And once again, people don't read news... Dell released the updated version of Dell Mobile Connect recently, so now you can access iMessages on Dell laptops through iPad or iPhone. Better google this for more info I guess, as I don't remember supported models.

Also, here's the Dell guide: https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln307657/how-to-configure-dell-mobile-connect-for-ios-phones?lang=en

Apr 2, 2020 1:39 PM in response to czuni6

Hi,

Just to be clear.

Messages is the APP on both an iPhone and a Mac computer.

iMessages is the Apple device to Apple Device messaging method.

It also does SMS messaging to other devices (mostly but not exclusively non iPhone mobile devices)

Turning On SMS messaging on the iPhone allows the SMS Messages to be passed to the Mac computer (and once linked for this for the Mac to send replies).

This effectively uses the iPhone to "Share" it's Internet Connection via it's Carrier service.

So yes the Dell can be linked via the linked Instructions but only for SMS

Sorry that this is pedantic in it's nature but hope that it helps to clarify things.

It's been a while since I posted and I will have to find out how to post my previous Sig info.

Ralph

iMessage for Dell?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.