Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime for child Apple ID account

I created an Apple ID for my child (under 13), added that to my family sharing account, created a user account for him on my MBP, had him log onto his account on the MBP, fired up Facetime and had him log in under his Apple ID... but he can't make calls. What am I missing? I see articles about enabling FT for iPads and such, but can't find analogous setting on my MBP.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 12:16 PM

1 reply

Apr 3, 2020 5:25 PM in response to Eric DeSilva

Hey there Eric DeSilva,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand your son is having issues using FaceTime on your Mac. I’ll be happy to help.

Once he’s signed in with his Apple ID, does he have the option to enter contact info in the app? If so, try reaching out to a contact you know has FaceTime that works and see if he can reach out to them using the steps here:

Use FaceTime on your Mac

Also, try calling him at his Apple ID and see if he can accept the FaceTime call on your Mac. If you continue to have issues, go through the steps in this link:

If FaceTime isn't working on your Mac

Regards.

Facetime for child Apple ID account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.