Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Terminal Loop correcting @gmail Sign In issue

When I go to the Mailboxes area on my iPhone SE, at the bottome there keeps apperaing the following message: "Updated on 3/14/20 Account Error: Gmail. Details...".

When I click on that I am taken to a Gmail page in Settings whre there is the followin message: "There was a problem accessing your account. Please re-enter the password for xxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com".

Below this there is a bar that has the following link: "Re-enter Password". I have performed this three times now where the iPhone opens a Google page, I log in, I perform the two step varification, it says "Sign-in appproved"; however, the "Updated on 3/14/20 Account Error: Gmail. Details..." message in Mailboxes persists, and my email is not getting updated.

I have a second @gmail.com account on my iPhone that this is not occuring with. I did change my password a little while ago on the accout where this issue is occurring; however, it is that new password that I am entering each time and is being "accepted".

I have also changed the password for the gmail account in question in the "Website & App Passwords" area. That remains, but every time I do it in the "Accounts" area for that gmail account, and it is "accepted", the problem persists.

Is there anyway to fix this? Thank you.

AlexJV1

iPhone SE

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 2:13 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 1, 2020 7:22 PM in response to sberman

Hello sberman,

Thank you for your reply. Shortly after posting my question and a couple of more trys at the same proccess I described above, it finally worked. So, the situation has been resolved.

I did try to follow your instructions; however, when I got tho that page, under "outgoing mail server" the Host Name was listed as "Gmail SMTP Server", and it would not allow me to enter anything for "User Name" or "Password", which has in greyed out text "Optional" next to each.

Thank you for your reply, though!

Terminal Loop correcting @gmail Sign In issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.