Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Name a cell as a constant

After I make a 2 cell table, I can refer to that table as that name in a formula. Example:

Table 1

msg

Table 2

mrg

So when doing a formula in Table 3, I can include msg or mrg to add to my current formula. It works, but then I am unable to drag the formula across Table 3 to copy that formula to the other cells.

How can I make this work?

Thanks, hopefully I am somewhat clear in my question! lol

Christine

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 11:11 PM

Hi Christine,

Are you remembering to use the absolute reference operator to preserve Row and Preserve Column as you fill the formula up, down. left or right in a table.

Reards,

Barry

The formula shown above the table has the absolute feference operator ( $ ) before both column letter and before the row number of the cell reference to Table 1::A1. As it is filled down column B, the rw reference remains constant. As it is filled right across row 2, the column reference remains constant.

The same is true of the formulas in B3, C4 and D5

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2020 11:11 PM in response to potterylover

Hi Christine,

Are you remembering to use the absolute reference operator to preserve Row and Preserve Column as you fill the formula up, down. left or right in a table.

Reards,

Barry

The formula shown above the table has the absolute feference operator ( $ ) before both column letter and before the row number of the cell reference to Table 1::A1. As it is filled down column B, the rw reference remains constant. As it is filled right across row 2, the column reference remains constant.

The same is true of the formulas in B3, C4 and D5

Name a cell as a constant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.