Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Memo does not record.

I just got a new Macbook Air. When I went to use when I went to use voice memo for the first time it asked me to sync, so I did. But when I went to record nothing happened. It would give me the screen but no recording. I tried changing some of the options in the input output of the audio midi setup app but nothing was successful. I even tried logging out of my iCloud account and adjusting the sync options, but still no change, still no recording. And I know it's not my microphone, because I used it to dictate this message. I can use my phone in the meantime, but it would be really nice to be able to edit my recordings on my Mac.

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 7:49 AM

M.Hale wrote:

I just got a new Macbook Air. When I went to use when I went to use voice memo for the first time it asked me to sync, so I did. But when I went to record nothing happened. It would give me the screen but no recording. I tried changing some of the options in the input output of the audio midi setup app but nothing was successful. I even tried logging out of my iCloud account and adjusting the sync options, but still no change, still no recording. And I know it's not my microphone, because I used it to dictate this message. I can use my phone in the meantime, but it would be really nice to be able to edit my recordings on my Mac.

Use the Voice Memos app - Apple Support

If no resolve please contact/Call (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2020 7:49 AM in response to M.Hale

M.Hale wrote:

Use the Voice Memos app - Apple Support

If no resolve please contact/Call (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE.

Voice Memo does not record.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.