Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"apple id is being used to sign in to a new device". More info?

I get the message once a day: "your apple id is being used to sign in to a new device" pointing to a location I have nothing to do with. How can I know what device it is, and what they are trying to login in with my Apple ID?

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 10:02 AM

The where are they trying to sign in information in isn't available. As long as they don't show on your device list, they haven't managed to sign in. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.        

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2020 10:02 AM in response to logarofa

The where are they trying to sign in information in isn't available. As long as they don't show on your device list, they haven't managed to sign in. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.        

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

Apr 2, 2020 6:22 AM in response to logarofa

Check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.    

Apple ID Password Change.      

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apr 2, 2020 10:17 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric, this is very useful. So if the device does not appear in the list, is it 100% sure that they could not login with my credentials? Then it's just annoying to get the message every time, but it's a minor problem.

Yes I am already using 2-factor authentication, I believe that's why I get the message every time, no?

Thank you

"apple id is being used to sign in to a new device". More info?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.