Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change outgoing port in Apple Mail 13.4 for all email accounts?

Having trouble sending mail using protonmail vpn. They suggested this:

"Please keep in mind that our servers are configured to block the outgoing SMTP port 25 in order to discourage the customers from using our service for spamming purposes. Could you please use alternative ports 465 or 587 as an outgoing SMTP port instead for your connection in the email applications? Additionally, please try to alter between SSL and TLS encryption.

It is recommended to try all the possible configurations. For instance, port 465 in a combination with SSL/TLS. The same applies to port 587."

The ports do not appear to be available in account preferences any more. How can I access them to make sure port settings are as suggested above, and do have several email accounts using Apple Mail?

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 7:36 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 6, 2020 4:29 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for asking. Got a little frustrated initially as don't think that I made the problem clear. I had time Sat. to try and reset SMTP servers to suggested ones for/from protonvpn. I reset 4 of my 5 accounts easily in account prefs in Apple Mail; still could NOT reset icloud/mac.com, BUT since then reset, rebooted vpn, and all is working now.

It used to be easy to check ports in advanced settings in each email account, and change the number if necessary. Is easy in all but the icloud one now, but no one here seemed to know, or understand what I wanted. I appreciate you asking though! This is usually a great place to get help, when all else fails

How can I change outgoing port in Apple Mail 13.4 for all email accounts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.