Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Can't I Use/Download iMovie?

I have a 2010 macbook pro running HighSierra 10.13.6. Does this mean it is impossible for me to use iMovie? Given that iMovie requires OSmojave 10.14.6 and my computer can't seem to update to that?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 2:31 PM

Hi, rizzutaw,

If you have or ever had iMovie 10 on your Mac you can update to the highest version

of iMovie 10 that your operating system will run. To do that, drag your iMovie 10 app

from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. (You can

skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your Mac before but perhaps deleted it.)

Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name

at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10.

Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the

trash (if you put it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2020 2:31 PM in response to rizzutaw

Hi, rizzutaw,

If you have or ever had iMovie 10 on your Mac you can update to the highest version

of iMovie 10 that your operating system will run. To do that, drag your iMovie 10 app

from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. (You can

skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your Mac before but perhaps deleted it.)

Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name

at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10.

Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the

trash (if you put it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

Apr 3, 2020 7:07 AM in response to Rich839

Thank you so much, Rich! I had bought this Macbook refurbished and so was nervous that somehow meant I could not get iMovie anymore after reviewing the OS info. I was able to find it in my purchased folder in the app store and install it from there. I appreciate you taking the time to assist with this! Hope you have a nice weekend!

-Alex

Why Can't I Use/Download iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.