Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy pics from an email

How do I copy a photo in an email onto my desktop. I have a MB air running Catalina

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 3:42 PM

15 replies

Apr 3, 2020 7:42 AM in response to jnscts

jnsct Said:

"afraid this did not work for me ( in Catalina). I cannot see or do a drag and drop from the picture.[...]"

-------

Try a Right-Click:

1. Right Click on the Image (Screenshot 1)
  2. Select: Save Attachment... (Screenshot 1)
  3. Create: a Name with he extension (Screenshot 2)
  4. Create: Tags (not required) (Screenshot 2)
  5. Choose: the Location: Desktop (Screenshot 2)
  6. Click: Save button (Screenshot 2)

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

Apr 3, 2020 7:54 AM in response to jnscts

In the Mail program, clicking the File menu results in:

When you move the cursor to the top of a Mail message the following will appear:

That icon offers the same options as File > Save Attachments...

Catalina has not changed anything about it so it works the same way. Of course iPads are different a different story.

Apr 3, 2020 7:13 AM in response to John Galt

Hi. to all. ( John and the Little s )

afraid this did not work for me ( in Catalina). I cannot see or do a drag and drop from the picture. When I open up the jpeg I get:

1 a boxed arrow pointing upwards and either select save to account ( don’t know where that goes to or the other option is and I quote “ Share file via “ and I ask where does that go to ? sorry I find Macs harder to get into that the dreaded Microsoft that is o longer supported. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

regards. John

Apr 3, 2020 7:41 AM in response to John Galt

Thanks John. Where is your screen shot (this might help me( I am glad you mentioned about the “ share file VIA “ I won’t go down that route. At the moment I am using my iPad as the Mac is on charge. I just would like to be able to move this jpeg out of my emails. The person ( my daughter is using the Previous op and is not on Catalina ( shouldn’t think that would be a problem. ( thanks for persevering with me issue)

Apr 3, 2020 9:15 AM in response to John Galt

Hi to John and Littles

when in I right click on the image I get the following prompts

and i quote:

when i right click:-

Open image in a new window.

Open image in a new tab

Save images to downloads

Save images As ........

Add images to photos

Use images as desktop picture

Copy Image address

Copy image

right what i selected was Save Images as ....... and I managed to put the image on the desktop

Now is Catalina different ?

Copy pics from an email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.