Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes sign in asking for wrong account

Is anyone having this issue recently where you've restored your device and got the backup from the iCloud but iTunes keeps asking for an old account or an account that wasn't even yours? I'm signed into my current account and the log in for other accounts keeps coming up every two seconds. I don't want to make a new Apple ID as the one I'm using isn't that old. Restoring doesn't seem to help either. This has happened to both my iPad and iPhone. Please help

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 9:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 7:33 PM

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, taz027!

From my understanding, after restoring from a backup, you’re being prompted to enter an old Apple ID or account that you do not own. I’d be happy to take a look at this with you.

Typically, this occurs when an app or feature on your device was downloaded or is still logged into that Apple ID. To resolve this, you’d need to delete the app that is requesting the password, then reinstall it using your current Apple ID. 

If iTunes specifically is asking for this information, I’d recommend going to Settings > iTunes & App Store and be sure the Apple ID there is correct.

I hope that helps, and kindest regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2020 7:33 PM in response to taz027

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, taz027!

From my understanding, after restoring from a backup, you’re being prompted to enter an old Apple ID or account that you do not own. I’d be happy to take a look at this with you.

Typically, this occurs when an app or feature on your device was downloaded or is still logged into that Apple ID. To resolve this, you’d need to delete the app that is requesting the password, then reinstall it using your current Apple ID. 

If iTunes specifically is asking for this information, I’d recommend going to Settings > iTunes & App Store and be sure the Apple ID there is correct.

I hope that helps, and kindest regards.

iTunes sign in asking for wrong account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.