Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch won’t charge

What can I do when my Apple Watch won’t charge after being turned off since 2016. It’s brand new

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 9:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 10:06 PM

If the device has not been charged since 2016, it is very possible that the battery has died and would need to be replaced. If you have connected it to the charger for several hours and it has not shown enough charge to even turn on, you are going to have to get it serviced. Use the Contact Support link at the top of the page here to contact Apple Support to start a support request. Four years of not being charged is not good for the battery, especially if it was stored in a low charge state.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2020 10:06 PM in response to roxana80

If the device has not been charged since 2016, it is very possible that the battery has died and would need to be replaced. If you have connected it to the charger for several hours and it has not shown enough charge to even turn on, you are going to have to get it serviced. Use the Contact Support link at the top of the page here to contact Apple Support to start a support request. Four years of not being charged is not good for the battery, especially if it was stored in a low charge state.

My Apple Watch won’t charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.