Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal hotspot issue

Hi, my phone is having a major issue. I had a hotspot set up on this phone before, but now it isn’t allowing me to use it. It says I need to set it up and when I go to do that it redirects me to a Verizon website that doesn’t even work. Not to mention that when I go to sign in on the verizon website it doesn’t let me sign in. I need to know is this a bug? It is highly irritating and I need my hotspot!

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 8:48 AM

1 reply

Apr 6, 2020 11:10 AM in response to Community User

Hey Nutmegthedog,

If I understand correctly, there is trouble setting up Personal Hotspot and it refers you to Verizon. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

"Use these steps first

Try again after each step.

1. Check that Personal Hotspot is turned on in Settings > Personal Hotspot. If you can't find or turn on Personal Hotspot, check that your wireless carrier enabled it and that your wireless plan supports it.
  2. Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. 
  3. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.
  4. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings."

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular)

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Personal hotspot issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.