Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can

i can't download any apps from apple store

He asked me to put a visa account

This was the response

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 9:23 AM

Amrshahin00 Said:

"i can't download any apps from apple store He asked me to put a visa account This was the response"

-------

Just who is "he"?

This Comes Across as a Scam:

Looks like a text message or an eMail message of sorts. If so, by your wording, it seems someone asked you to modify your method(s) of payment by clicking on a link. If you did, then you fell for a phishing scam. --- Apple is not going to send you a message telling you "add a new method of payment and try again".

So, with your Apple Account being of high-concern here - consider the following:

• modifying: your login credentials (Using Both a New eMail and a New Password)

• associating: a different method of payment to your account

A few more thoughts.

• Forward this eMail to apple at: reportphishing@apple.com. IF this is a text message, then take a screenshot of it, and send the screenshot as an attachment to the same email address. Go Here: Take a screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

• Contact Apple about this ASAP, requesting to speak to the iTunes Store Staff. Show them what happened. They will see this, informing you about it, confirm where this all stands in your Apple Account.

Contact Apple:

--- Contact Us - Choose Locations

--- USA: 1(800)MY-APPLE

--- Proceed from there as Necessary

• Contact your financial institution (i.e. bank), and see if you need to cancel something.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2020 9:23 AM in response to Amrshahin00

Amrshahin00 Said:

"i can't download any apps from apple store He asked me to put a visa account This was the response"

-------

Just who is "he"?

This Comes Across as a Scam:

Looks like a text message or an eMail message of sorts. If so, by your wording, it seems someone asked you to modify your method(s) of payment by clicking on a link. If you did, then you fell for a phishing scam. --- Apple is not going to send you a message telling you "add a new method of payment and try again".

So, with your Apple Account being of high-concern here - consider the following:

• modifying: your login credentials (Using Both a New eMail and a New Password)

• associating: a different method of payment to your account

A few more thoughts.

• Forward this eMail to apple at: reportphishing@apple.com. IF this is a text message, then take a screenshot of it, and send the screenshot as an attachment to the same email address. Go Here: Take a screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

• Contact Apple about this ASAP, requesting to speak to the iTunes Store Staff. Show them what happened. They will see this, informing you about it, confirm where this all stands in your Apple Account.

Contact Apple:

--- Contact Us - Choose Locations

--- USA: 1(800)MY-APPLE

--- Proceed from there as Necessary

• Contact your financial institution (i.e. bank), and see if you need to cancel something.

Apr 3, 2020 12:51 PM in response to Amrshahin00

Agree with The Littles. This sounds far more than just a little bit fishy.

No idea who you were talking to, but anyone at Apple would not verbally ask you to enter a credit card number. Bad enough you gave them the details on one, but then they tried to get you to enter another one by claiming it wasn't any good.

Consider that card compromised. Call the actual credit card company immediately, have that card cancelled and a new one issued.

i can

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.