Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud contacts sync

Hi everyone, I have two iPhones (one personal and one professional) and other Apple products with the same iCloud account. Because I don't want my personal contacts details to merge with my contacts on my professional phone, I turned off iCloud contact sync on my professional phone and left it on on the other devices. However, I noticed that every time I add a contact to one device it goes on all other devices and my professional phone as well. So for example, I would add a contact on my professional phone and it would be added to my personal phone and vice versa. I want contacts added on my professional phone to only be on this phone and same with my personal phone. Any help?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 1:20 PM

Hi there, Kimyberly,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you use two separate iPhone devices, one for personal use and one for work. While you have the same Apple ID signed into iCloud on both, you do not want to have your contacts merged between the two devices, but this is happening even though you have iCloud contact sync off on your work device. I'm happy to help!

First, I'd recommend double checking that iCloud Contacts are disabled on your professional device. You can do that under Settings > [your name] > iCloud: Keep your contacts up to date on all of your devices with iCloud - Apple Support.

If it is turned off, the next step is to make sure you are not also syncing contacts through another account you use on both devices. You can do this under Settings > Passwords & Accounts > [account]: Use other contact accounts on iPhone - Apple Support.

Best!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2020 1:20 PM in response to Kimyberly1

Hi there, Kimyberly,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you use two separate iPhone devices, one for personal use and one for work. While you have the same Apple ID signed into iCloud on both, you do not want to have your contacts merged between the two devices, but this is happening even though you have iCloud contact sync off on your work device. I'm happy to help!

First, I'd recommend double checking that iCloud Contacts are disabled on your professional device. You can do that under Settings > [your name] > iCloud: Keep your contacts up to date on all of your devices with iCloud - Apple Support.

If it is turned off, the next step is to make sure you are not also syncing contacts through another account you use on both devices. You can do this under Settings > Passwords & Accounts > [account]: Use other contact accounts on iPhone - Apple Support.

Best!

iCloud contacts sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.