Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add music to keynote

I created a presentation in keynote

It plays fine

Tried to add music to it

Files shows up in keynote, but there's no audio

When I click on the play button, nothing happens

The audio plays everywhere else but in keynote

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 1:36 PM

Hi fabtique,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you are having problems adding audio to your Keynote slides.

"Video and audio files must be in a format that QuickTime supports on your Mac. If you can’t add or play a video or audio file, try using iMovie, QuickTime Player, or Compressor to convert the file to an MPEG-4 file (with a .m4a filename extension) for audio, or a QuickTime file (with a .mov filename extension) for video."

You'll find this and additional information linked below.

* Add existing video and audio in Keynote on Mac

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2020 1:36 PM in response to fabtique

Hi fabtique,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you are having problems adding audio to your Keynote slides.

"Video and audio files must be in a format that QuickTime supports on your Mac. If you can’t add or play a video or audio file, try using iMovie, QuickTime Player, or Compressor to convert the file to an MPEG-4 file (with a .m4a filename extension) for audio, or a QuickTime file (with a .mov filename extension) for video."

You'll find this and additional information linked below.

* Add existing video and audio in Keynote on Mac

Cheers!

add music to keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.