Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 2015 has horizontal lines and prohibitory sign

Can anyone tell me why its doing this? Lines go across the screen. Reboot and then the prohibitory

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 4:15 PM

It appears to me that one or more components inside of your iMac has failed. The issues with the horizontal lines points to issues with the GPU, display, or display connectors, but the prohibitory sign could mean that there's also an issue with the hard drive or hard drive connector inside of your computer. I would Contact Support for more help with repairing your iMac.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2020 4:15 PM in response to iceman9532

It appears to me that one or more components inside of your iMac has failed. The issues with the horizontal lines points to issues with the GPU, display, or display connectors, but the prohibitory sign could mean that there's also an issue with the hard drive or hard drive connector inside of your computer. I would Contact Support for more help with repairing your iMac.

iMac 2015 has horizontal lines and prohibitory sign

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.