Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable the Siri beep on iPad

On my iPhone, if I accidentally knock to button and activate Siri, there is no immediate sound, and I get a chance to swipe him away before he says anything. On my iPad, if I knock the button there’s an immediate beep beep noise that wakes up my wife, even if the iPad is supposedly muted. How on earth do I turn off the stupid beep and have the iPad behave in the same way as my iPhone?

iPad Air 2, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 4:36 PM

3 replies

Apr 3, 2020 5:58 PM in response to QuickPost

Er… I really don’t think there’s much more to say. But put a different way to see if it’s any clearer:

When I long press the home button on my iPad such that Siri is activated, there’s a beep beep noise that illustrates that he’s listening. I want to turn that sound off.

I’m assuming it must be possible, because performing the same action on my iPhone doesn’t result in a sound. Siri is silent until he’s heard my question.

Edit: I guess it could be relevant to say that I’m on an iPad Air 2, and iPad OS 13.3.1.

Apr 3, 2020 6:17 PM in response to James Clayton

On my iPad if I do what you are suggesting, I do not hear the beeps immediately. It takes a full three seconds before I hear the beeps.

When I hold down the home button to invoke Siri, first thing I see is on the screen is “What can I help you with”, If I don’t respond, I see “Go ahead, I’m listening” on the screen. If I still fail to respond a second later, I hear the two beeps.

I am using an iPad Air 3 running iOS 13.4.

How to disable the Siri beep on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.