Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 3 won’t pair to iPhone 8 Plus without update that is at a spinning wheel of death

i am trying to pair my apple watch series 3 to my iPhone 8 Plus but it does spinning wheel of death or says the update will take about 5 days and I have tried everything resetting the watch and the phone and I have forced the watch to reset and I have restarted the process an uncountable amount of times I have been trying to do it on and off scince 2pm and I let it sit at a spinning wheel of death for like and hour and I had checked on it like every 20-30 minutes but no process and now I am really upset and frustrating I am not sure if it’s the watch or the phone but I have a new phone i got it like 4 months ago and watch I got off of marketplace so I have no clue if it’s background history

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 1:18 AM

Sounds like it's activation locked,contact whoever you bought the watch off and get them to follow these steps;

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else – Apple Support

1 reply

Apple Watch series 3 won’t pair to iPhone 8 Plus without update that is at a spinning wheel of death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.