Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone iMessage group suggestions

How do I remove group suggestions in iMessage when starting a new message? When I click new message and start typing someone’s name, a list of previous groups that original message has been deleted. How do I remove that list?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 1:41 AM

What I have experienced is when you keep using the iPhone regularly the contacts with whom you interact recently and regularly will only appear here.

If you do not interact with a contact then it will disappear automatically.

However you may....

• To turn off Siri Suggestions, go to Settings  > Siri & Search, then turn off any of the following:
  1. Suggestions in Search
  2. Suggestions in Lookup
  3. Suggestions on Lock Screen

For a specific app, tap the app, then turn off Show Siri Suggestions.

Your personal information—which is encrypted and remains private—stays up to date across all your devices where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID. As Siri learns about you on one device, your experience with Siri is improved on your other devices.

• Siri is designed to protect your information, and you can choose what you share. To learn more, go to Settings  > Siri & Search > About Search Suggestions & Privacy.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2020 1:41 AM in response to HOneydu

What I have experienced is when you keep using the iPhone regularly the contacts with whom you interact recently and regularly will only appear here.

If you do not interact with a contact then it will disappear automatically.

However you may....

• To turn off Siri Suggestions, go to Settings  > Siri & Search, then turn off any of the following:
  1. Suggestions in Search
  2. Suggestions in Lookup
  3. Suggestions on Lock Screen

For a specific app, tap the app, then turn off Show Siri Suggestions.

Your personal information—which is encrypted and remains private—stays up to date across all your devices where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID. As Siri learns about you on one device, your experience with Siri is improved on your other devices.

• Siri is designed to protect your information, and you can choose what you share. To learn more, go to Settings  > Siri & Search > About Search Suggestions & Privacy.

iPhone iMessage group suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.