Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sync iPhones with Mac since latest Catalina and iOS updates

We have a Mac running the latest Catalina (10.15.4), an iPhone 8 running iOS 13.4 and an iPhone 6 running iOS 12.4.6. We connect the iPhones to the Mac via USB cable to sync photos and videos, in both directions. We choose not to use iCloud for this purpose as we consider it insecure, not so much because of possible hacking as from the threat posed by little fingers, as our grandchildren often play with our iPhones.

Since the latest Catalina and iOS updates, it has become impossible to do this sync. As soon as we connect either iPhone, it starts repeatedly beeping. If we have the corresponding Mac Finder window open, then it starts flashing and displaying warning messages (see the pasted image below). If we have the Mac Photos app open, then it keeps flickering between the Photos pseudo-folder and the Device pseudo-folder. We have not discovered any way out of this loop.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions for how to solve it?

Thanks

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 6:02 AM

Yes, it is a genuine Apple cable, which came with one of our iOS devices. Your post reminded me that I, now and then, have intermittent connectivity problems between our Mac and other things, both iOS devices and the Mac's own keyboard (which has a built-in cable). These problems tend to go away if I turn the Mac off for a while or even if I just leave it alone for a few hours. The same solution worked this time. :)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2020 6:02 AM in response to LD150

Yes, it is a genuine Apple cable, which came with one of our iOS devices. Your post reminded me that I, now and then, have intermittent connectivity problems between our Mac and other things, both iOS devices and the Mac's own keyboard (which has a built-in cable). These problems tend to go away if I turn the Mac off for a while or even if I just leave it alone for a few hours. The same solution worked this time. :)

Cannot sync iPhones with Mac since latest Catalina and iOS updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.