Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to upgrade to mojave from el capitan

Hi, I'm still on El Capitan and looking to upgrade to Mojave. I'd rather not to Catalina because it seems to have caused problems for lots of developers and I don't want my older applications to be rendered useless.

Any help on how I can do this please? I've a late 205 27" 5K retina iMac.

Many thanks

iMac 27", OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 12:57 PM

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

5 replies

Apr 4, 2020 3:01 PM in response to Dredhob

Make sure you are using Safari when you attempt to connect via the link given.

People are not in the habit of posting useless links, so try again.

Before downloading connect your mac to your router using a cabled connection,

do not rely on WiFi, do not use the mac while it is downloading, do not use any other devices

that share the same internet connection as the mac while it is downloading.

As you can see it does exist,

Apr 4, 2020 3:06 PM in response to Dredhob

The image you have shared shows the App Store saying 'Open', what that really means is that the App Store has detected a partial copy of Install macOS Mojave.app in your Applications folder.

Open your Applications folder, and move the Install macOS Mojave.app to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cabled connection, do not rely on WiFi. Restart your mac, go back to the Mojave page on the App Store it should now say 'Get', click on that and it will start downloading, do not use the mac while the mac is downloading, do not use any other devices that share the same internet connection while the mac is downloading.

how to upgrade to mojave from el capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.