Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost iPhone

Hello, I have lost my iPhone and now I have my new replacement iPhone. My "Find My Device" was not activated. My old number was transferred to my new iPhone but before setting it up I need to know to recover and transfer my data to the new phone.

I am a total end-user so if their are some step-by-step instructions available that would be great.

Thank you and please be safe out there

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 1:32 PM

If you have a backup, follow the steps provided here:--> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

No backup? No recovery, sorry.

Regards

Giulio

3 replies

Apr 4, 2020 1:33 PM in response to SPAV_410OK

Did you have iCloud backups enabled on your old phone?

If so, when you go through the setup process, select the option to restore from iCloud.

If you didn't have iCloud backups enabled, you can restore from the iTunes backup on your computer, assuming you backed up your old phone prior to losing it.

If you don't have either, your data is gone. There is no place to recover it from.

Apr 4, 2020 3:01 PM in response to SPAV_410OK

Just when I thought all was lost I was going to contact our carrier using my wife's iPhone. As soon as I brought it close to my new phone it asked "Setup New iPhone?" I clicked on continue, chose "Update From iCloud" because I didn't have my old iPhone. I was then directed to contact my carrier, dialed in my old iPhone number and I was on my way.

Thank you to those who responded.

lost iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.