Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Storage

How do i delete files from my iphone but still have access to them on the cloud? Essentially, I will like to clear up storage on my phone by deleting pictures and videos. I do not want to completely delete them from icloud

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 1:57 PM

You don't. When you delete files synced to iCloud, they are deleted on iPhone AND iCloud.

Before deleting them, you have the opportunity to archive your pics and videos using these instructions:--> Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

When they are safely stored on your computer, you can delete whatever you want.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2020 1:57 PM in response to uche224

You don't. When you delete files synced to iCloud, they are deleted on iPhone AND iCloud.

Before deleting them, you have the opportunity to archive your pics and videos using these instructions:--> Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

When they are safely stored on your computer, you can delete whatever you want.

Regards

Giulio

Iphone Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.