You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems pairing Siri Remote with Apple TV HD

How do I know if the problem is the Apple TV? I restarted the Apple TV, purchased a new Siri Remote but things never get beyond the Apple TV telling me to bring the Remote closer to continue pairing.

I have no problem using the Remote app with my iPhone XR.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 2:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 3:38 PM

- The closest you can bring it, is to lay the remote on top of the Apple TV box.

- While doing that motion, the Apple TV is trying to determine which bluetooth signal is coming from the remote. If you can, you may want to turn off/shield/temporarily remove other devices that may send radio signals/bluetooth signals.

- Charge the remote if you are unsure about the battery level.

If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

Charge your Siri Remote - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 4, 2020 3:38 PM in response to WaterCons

- The closest you can bring it, is to lay the remote on top of the Apple TV box.

- While doing that motion, the Apple TV is trying to determine which bluetooth signal is coming from the remote. If you can, you may want to turn off/shield/temporarily remove other devices that may send radio signals/bluetooth signals.

- Charge the remote if you are unsure about the battery level.

If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

Charge your Siri Remote - Apple Support

Problems pairing Siri Remote with Apple TV HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.