Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t allow the microphone for the apps

for example: I’m trying to find a song from Shazam(an app) but it’s requested the access but when i went to the setting i can’t find it, i’ve searched in the privacy and the app icon in the sittings but i can’t find it

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 5:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 2:27 PM

Greetings RayanAbdulaziz,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to locate the setting to allow access to the microphone for app on your iPhone.

I suggest checking the Screen Time restrictions on your device, as the microphone may be restricted. Check out the "Allow changes to privacy settings" section of the following support article: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue isn't related to Screen Time restrictions, then ensure you're viewing the proper setting to allow access to the microphone: Change app access to information on iPhone - Apple Support

If the issue persists, test the behavior after reinstalling the app: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2020 2:27 PM in response to RayanAbdulaziz

Greetings RayanAbdulaziz,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to locate the setting to allow access to the microphone for app on your iPhone.

I suggest checking the Screen Time restrictions on your device, as the microphone may be restricted. Check out the "Allow changes to privacy settings" section of the following support article: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue isn't related to Screen Time restrictions, then ensure you're viewing the proper setting to allow access to the microphone: Change app access to information on iPhone - Apple Support

If the issue persists, test the behavior after reinstalling the app: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.