Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free Apple TV

I bought a new iPad and I joined Apple TV for free for a year, so why do I have to pay for movies if it is for free for a year ???????

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 9:06 AM

Not really. It is a new service and it has always been advertised as being for Apple originals. There are currently 16 series and 3 movies, and more content is also added each month. Other services have licensed catalogues on top of originals, however even they didn't have much when they first started. There also isn't any service that allows access to a full marketplace, like iTunes, so to expect that a service that costs $5USD would allow that is a bit unrealistic. Lastly, if one obtained it free for a year then there isn't anything to lose by claiming it as even if one weren't interested now there could be content added within that 12 months that does.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2020 9:06 AM in response to petra190

Not really. It is a new service and it has always been advertised as being for Apple originals. There are currently 16 series and 3 movies, and more content is also added each month. Other services have licensed catalogues on top of originals, however even they didn't have much when they first started. There also isn't any service that allows access to a full marketplace, like iTunes, so to expect that a service that costs $5USD would allow that is a bit unrealistic. Lastly, if one obtained it free for a year then there isn't anything to lose by claiming it as even if one weren't interested now there could be content added within that 12 months that does.

Free Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.