Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync PDFs from iBook Library to iPad

I have pdfs in my iBook library that I want to sync to my iPad.

I have attempted to sync but no pdfs show up in iBook when I open it on the iPad.

When I open iBook on the MacBook Pro the pdfs are there.

How do I do this with macOS 10.15.4 Catalina and iOS for iPad 13.4?

Thanks

MacBook

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 8:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 3:28 PM

Hello Canyonlight,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to get PDF files that are in the Books app on your Mac to also appear in the Books app on your iPad. One way to do this would be to use the Finder app to sync content from your Mac to your iPad, and here is more info on this process:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Another way would be to use iCloud to sync the PDF files, and here is more info on this process:

"You can see PDFs and books that are not from the Book Store across your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID.

Go to Settings  > [your name] > iCloud, turn on iCloud Drive, then turn on Books. Then go to Settings > Books, and turn on iCloud Drive."

Read PDF documents in Books on iPad

"On your Mac: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then click iCloud. Next to iCloud Drive (make sure it’s selected), click Options, then select Books."

See your books and audiobooks on all your devices in Books on Mac

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2020 3:28 PM in response to Canyonlight

Hello Canyonlight,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to get PDF files that are in the Books app on your Mac to also appear in the Books app on your iPad. One way to do this would be to use the Finder app to sync content from your Mac to your iPad, and here is more info on this process:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Another way would be to use iCloud to sync the PDF files, and here is more info on this process:

"You can see PDFs and books that are not from the Book Store across your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID.

Go to Settings  > [your name] > iCloud, turn on iCloud Drive, then turn on Books. Then go to Settings > Books, and turn on iCloud Drive."

Read PDF documents in Books on iPad

"On your Mac: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then click iCloud. Next to iCloud Drive (make sure it’s selected), click Options, then select Books."

See your books and audiobooks on all your devices in Books on Mac

Cheers!

Sync PDFs from iBook Library to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.