Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer and then find my iPhone-taken movies to my Mac?

Videos I taken on my iPhone going to my wife's PC is easy, but how do I transfer videos I've taken to my Mac? Yes, iTunes opens when I connect my iPhone 6s to my Mac (tower mid-2010), but I can't see the movies I've taken just the music.

After syncing, I find no transferred video on my Mac. It doesn't make sense that I have to transfer a video to my wife's Windows 10 PC, copy it to a flash drive, and then copy from the flash drive to my Mac.

I'm a music teacher trying to upload things to youTube (after editing in my Mac) for some of my remote teaching for my school students. This is very cumbersome. Help is appreciated.

(I use OS Maverick on one startup disk and High Sierra on another. It doesn't work with either!)

iPhone 6s

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 3:27 PM

Hi, frankELF.

I'm glad you decided to reach out on Apple Support Communities today. If I understand correctly, you’re trying to transfer videos that you’ve taken on your iPhone to your Mac, to no avail. It sounds like you’ve come up with a great workaround by using your wife’s PC to get the videos to your Mac, but let’s see if we can find a resolution so you can skip that step.

There are a few ways you should be able to get the videos from your iPhone to your Mac. The easiest way is very likely connecting your iPhone to your Mac and using Image Capture to transfer, but you should be able to transfer using Photos or iPhoto (whichever you’re running) or just AirDrop them when you’re booted into macOS High Sierra.

Do any of these articles help?

Use Image Capture to transfer images - Apple Support

Use AirDrop on your Mac to send files to devices near you - Apple Support

Overview of importing photos and videos into Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Change where Photos stores your files on Mac - Apple Support

Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2020 3:27 PM in response to frankELF

Hi, frankELF.

I'm glad you decided to reach out on Apple Support Communities today. If I understand correctly, you’re trying to transfer videos that you’ve taken on your iPhone to your Mac, to no avail. It sounds like you’ve come up with a great workaround by using your wife’s PC to get the videos to your Mac, but let’s see if we can find a resolution so you can skip that step.

There are a few ways you should be able to get the videos from your iPhone to your Mac. The easiest way is very likely connecting your iPhone to your Mac and using Image Capture to transfer, but you should be able to transfer using Photos or iPhoto (whichever you’re running) or just AirDrop them when you’re booted into macOS High Sierra.

Do any of these articles help?

Use Image Capture to transfer images - Apple Support

Use AirDrop on your Mac to send files to devices near you - Apple Support

Overview of importing photos and videos into Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Change where Photos stores your files on Mac - Apple Support

Good luck!

How to transfer and then find my iPhone-taken movies to my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.