Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error -45061

Hi, please help! Every time I try to listen to music on my PC , it comes up with the error code -45061. I've been able to download the music fine on all my other devices. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall itunes, I have logged in and out of the account, restart the computer etc but nothing seems to be working. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2020 1:22 AM

Hello,

I had the same problem. (Brand new computer with Windows, restoring iTunes Files from the old machine.)

iTunes told me something about Network issue.

The following method helped:

Stop iTunes

Start File Explorer (explorer.exe) and make all files visible. (View Options ...)

goto: C:\ProgramData\Apple Computer\iTunes

There are two directories: "adi" and "SC Info"

Delete or rename these directories. You need the administrator passwort or administrator privilegues.

Restart iTunes. You will be prompted to relogin with your iTunes Account inlcuding Security Code sent on your iPhone (or second factor)

Hoping this will help.

27 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2020 1:22 AM in response to CatTV27

Hello,

I had the same problem. (Brand new computer with Windows, restoring iTunes Files from the old machine.)

iTunes told me something about Network issue.

The following method helped:

Stop iTunes

Start File Explorer (explorer.exe) and make all files visible. (View Options ...)

goto: C:\ProgramData\Apple Computer\iTunes

There are two directories: "adi" and "SC Info"

Delete or rename these directories. You need the administrator passwort or administrator privilegues.

Restart iTunes. You will be prompted to relogin with your iTunes Account inlcuding Security Code sent on your iPhone (or second factor)

Hoping this will help.

Apr 8, 2020 5:38 AM in response to CatTV27

Hello CatTV27,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with playing songs in iTunes for Windows.

1. Please start with the troubleshooting here: If you have problems playing music in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

2. Also check if this is related to your third-party security settings. Resolve issues between iTunes for Windows and third-party security software - Apple Support

3. If you still have problems, it's possible the issue is cause by the wireless network you are connected to. I recommend trying while connected to a different wireless network.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Mar 12, 2021 9:40 PM in response to HenningG

Made a Communities account to reply to this. This fixed my issue that I've been having for months of having my iTunes constantly skip my songs from Apple Music. I tried absolutely everything, including reinstalling, downgrading, and everything in between. It got so bad that I resorted to using the (fairly limited) web variant.

I decided to give it one more shot tonight so after attempting to download some songs, I was able to get an error code. A quick Google search and that led me to here. THANK YOU!

Error -45061

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.