Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending Emails

I have an ATT Yahoo email account. Recently my Mac computer stopped letting me send out emails. I have checked and recheck the accounts. It seems my settings are correct (I hope that is true). I can receive emails but cannot send out.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 3:20 PM

8 replies

Apr 6, 2020 2:12 PM in response to marcie88

What happens exactly when you try?

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

System Preferences>Network, top of window>Locations>Edit Locations, little plus icon, give it a name.

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

Sys Prefs>Network>highlight the Interface you're using>Advanced>TCP/IP>Configure IPv4: Using DHCP.

If using Wifi, instead of joining your Network from the list, click the WiFi icon at the top, and click join other network. Fill in everything as needed.

System Preferences>Network>choose interface>Advanced>Proxies Tab, make sure none are set, like for HTTP & HTTPS.

System Preferences>Network, unlock the lock if need be, highlight the Interface you use to connect to Internet, click on the advanced button, click on the DNS tab, click on the little plus icon, then add these numbers...

Apply.

Apr 7, 2020 3:24 PM in response to marcie88

1. Is it POP or IMAP?
  2. Confirm or enter the following settings:
    • Incoming Mail Server - inbound.att.net (POP3) or imap.mail.att.net (IMAP) 
    • Outgoing Mail Server - outbound.att.net (POP3) or smtp.mail.att.net (IMAP) 
  1. In Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), choose Edit SMTP Server List.
  2. Confirm:
    • Server Name - outbound.att.net or smtp.mail.att.net.
    • Use default ports - 25465587.
    • Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is selected.
  1. Select OK
  2. On Advanced tab, confirm:
    • SSL checkbox is selected.
    • Authentication field is set for Password.

Apr 7, 2020 8:29 AM in response to BDAqua

As I was going through your instructions, all seemed to be well. Yet, I still cannot send out email. I have the MAC desktop computer and I go through ATT with my Yahoo account. It gives me an error message that says "cannot send message using the server Sbcglobal". "Server response was: Error sending message for delivery."

I have checked and rechecked everything.

Sending Emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.